Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Friends' Books Wednesday! Victoria Dahl!

After an exciting debut last week, you told me that Friday was the worst day for you to check in on blogs.  End of the week activities, kids, and life keep you away from the computer a lot, so I've decided to change FBF to FBW!

First, though, I have exciting release news!! Alejandro's Sorceress, an e-book exclusive (yes, it will be in print eventually, I promise!) will be out 9/20!  Wild Hearts in Atlantis , an e-special of my novella from Wild Thing, will be out 10/2!  Shifter's Lady, an e-special of my novella from Shifter, will be out 11/6!  And HEART OF ATLANTIS, Alaric's book, will be out 12/4!!!

And there's an excerpt!!  Of Alaric!!!  Go see!! 

Now, drumroll please!!  Hilariously funny and sizzlingly sexy Victoria Dahl is my guest today!  CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH is yet another installment of Victoria's trademarked brand of wicked, racy fun.  Her books catch you off guard with their wonderfully emotional poignancy--just when you're laughing out loud, you'll catch yourself sighing with satisfaction. 

Here's a preview:

Can a city girl make it in the wild, wild West?

For makeup artist Grace Barrett, Hollywood isn't the land of golden opportunity. It's the land of difficult divas, cheating boyfriends and unemployment. So when her great-aunt offers her a free place to stay in Jackson, Grace thinks she'll spend a little time in the sticks to figure out her life, and then move somewhere exciting to live out her dreams. But it turns out that there are a few more thrills in this small town than Grace was expecting....

 Cole Rawlins is a rugged Wyoming cowboy born and bred. Yet he can't help but be drawn to the fascinating big-city girl who moves in across from him. He wants to get close enough to Grace to see past her tough facade, but if he does, she might see the real Cole. The one with a Hollywood history gone bad. As they discover a sizzling attraction, it becomes harder for him to keep his demons at bay-and those fires from long ago may burn them both.

They'll need more than scorching-hot passion to make this opposites-attract affair work. But if they can learn to trust one another enough to reveal their secrets, they just might have a chance at forever.
For a special sneak-peek, check out an excerpt here!

And, finally, for the Frivolous Five!  Learn more about Victorial and, for a chance to win a copy of CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH, answer this question in the comments:  If you, like Victoria, live in the frozen tundra, or, like me, live in the equatorial rain forest, (or anywhere else), tell us 1) what state or country, and 2) what is the average hottest day in summer and coldest day in winter where you live?  Good luck! - Alyssa

Q: Before Twitter, how did you share The Naughty with the world?
 Before Twitter, I really only shared The Naughty via my books! Honestly, I was very tame…as far as most people knew. The only people I got honest with were my closest girlfriends. But I find that the older I get, the more I want to be myself. And the great thing is that the Internet makes that easy. Like is drawn to like, or maybe just naughty to naughty.
Q: Are you a better at: pool, darts, or quarters?
V: Hmm. I'd have to say pool, because my grandparents had a pool table in their basement, and I didn't take up quarters until college. 
Q:  So, you live at the North Pole.  Have you ever been reindeer hunting?
V: LMAO! Park City is not that cold, Alyssa! It's a dry cold. Crisp and cool! And no, no reindeer, though I do see elk, moose, and regular old deer.
Q: Favorite Girl Scout cookie flavor? If not Thin Mints, what the heck is wrong with you?
V:  Nothing is wrong with me, because it is OBVIOUSLY Thin Mints. God, I'm naughty, but I'm not perverted. Runner up: Tagalongs. Great…now I'm fantasizing about them.
Q: Complete this quote: “My worst day writing is better than my best day __________.”
"My worst day writing is better than my best day CLEANING." Ugh. So Sisyphean. I find nothing about it rewarding. Nothing. And no one sends me any lovely fan mail about it either.



17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the excerpt with us! I'm looking forward to reading Heart of Atlantis! Victoria Dahl is quickly becoming an auto-buy for me. Loved her last 3 books & am so glad to know she has a new release!
    Now, on to my official answers (I say official because I looked them up on the city website!)
    1) what state or country- Texas
    2) what is the average hottest day in summer-95, but I swear it should be 105* because that's how hot it always feels!
    3)coldest day in winter where you live? 39.6 This is definitely an average...I don't think we dropped below 40* last year!
    Thanks for the fun...and I'm blaming y'all for my raid on the Thin Mints this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Romania, in Bucharest. The hottest summer day was about 104 degrees Fahrenheit (that was in the shade btw) and last winter there were 13-20 degrees Fahrenheit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Biloxi, MS which is right on the Gulf of Mexico. It never really gets too cold here, maybe in 20-30 range when it's a cold winter. The humidity here will kill you! It can get close to 100 in the middle of summer and the minute you walk outside, you are soaking wet! Ughh!
    Great interview! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun interview - thank you both!

    I'm smack-dab in the middle of Ohio, where this summer has been blistering w/more 90+ degree days than in several years. While our winters aren't typically what you would call severe, I'm adverse to temps below 32 degrees because that means ice and snow are a possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love The Naughty, always entertaining and occasionally blush inducing!

    I live in Fort McMurray, AB, Canada. Which is basically a frozen tundra. We basically have 6 months of winter, a month of spring, month of fall, and 2 months of construction (also known as summer).

    Our coldest has been -51 celsius (-60F?) And we usually average -40 with windchill.

    Our hottest has been 37 C (99F?) and that's average for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha whoops, that was supposed to be 4 months of construction! My fingers go faster than my mind sometimes...haha

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to reading Victoria's new book. Have enjoyed all previous ones :)

    I live in Hot Springs AR. According to weather.com avg high is 93 (seems low to me, most days this summer were 110) The low is 31.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, a giveaway, yay!

    I live in the southern part of Arizona. In summer the average hottest temp is 95ish and in the winter the average coolest temp is 35ish. The temperature varies a lot from day to night in the winter. Sometimes it'll be 60 during the day and then drop to 30 at night.

    catherine.n.morgan(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished Close Enough to Touch this morning. Couldn't put it down!

    I love in Central Virginia. This summer was especially hot with highs in the lower 100s. In the winter usually it's in the 30s or 40s but last winter I swear it never got below 55, which I personally loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for playing, everyone!

    Alyssa, I just went to lunch with Burden and she said her garden hose froze solid last night. I immediately though, "I need to tell Alyssa." ;-) It's officially fall here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, from what you've told me about Burden, I thought you were talking about her boyfriend's, um, euphemism. Now THAT would hurt!! :) Or, POPSICLE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in the Piedmont of NC, the average highs this summer were in the high 90's with humidity out the wazoo. The winter of 2011 was one of the warmest we've had in years high 30's with an occassional colder than normal day. Right now, it's perfect mid to high 70's and no humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in Minnesota. We get pretty toasty in the summer months here, it hit the upper 90's and low 100's too many days to count this summer. The winter is a bit colder. January and February it can easily be -10 to -15 with a wind chill factor of -40 or lower when the winds kick up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for MN! I live in the southern part of the state - embarrassingly close to IA. In a typical summer we expect temps in the 80's (ahhhhhh) though experienced some bonus heat this year. Winters can be downright chilly with average temps in the teens. Add a brisk wind to that and OHHHHH boy do you want to get inside fast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live in MO. In the summer we can easily hit 100+ and then you add in the humidity. In winter we get to single digits sometimes but rarely any lower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WINNER! Please email me your mailing address to authoralyssaday@gmail.com. Thanks!

      Delete
  15. I live in Madrid, Spain. In winter, the average temperature is 37 and in summer is 95. Two summers ago we had a few days with 122. People all over were frying eggs on the front of their cars!

    ReplyDelete